Originally posted on 10/26/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
How many more advances do we need? Another 2000 years? When is enough, enough? We've reached the moon and back, have people living in outer space, and still can't disprove God, just seems very arrogant to me to say just because we don't know, doesn't mean we won't find out.. As I said in a few different threads, there are scientist that do believe in God, and more leaning that way, so why is this so hard for the scientific community, to humble themselves to say, we don't know, and until we can disprove it, " there is a GOD ". I would think we've gotten really far as advances go, where else or what else can we know that will help us in the universe, but God?
For the most part, I try not to be facetious or condescending, but it's very obvious that science or critical thought played little (if any) of your education or upbringing.

Your attitude that we've learned so much that we should already prove/disprove "God" is at best, simplistic, and at worse, insanely dumb.

With our man made construct of "time", and our own life spans limited currently to aprox 80 years on average, the idea that we should have figured it all out by now is laughable.

One side uses the scientific method (prove/disprove hypothesis). The other, superstition and faith.
One side has a method which embraces questioning (as a whole), the other abhors it.

I had 2 friends in elementary school 30 years ago die of Retinoblastoma. At the time, the 5 year survival rate was around 25-30%.

"God wanted his angel home" people were told - "he works in mysterious ways"

Through SCIENCE, and not the belief that some people are "called home" early, the 5 year survival rate is now close to 99%. Not through group prayer, holy water or repeating verses from some book from the bronze age.

Your game is obvious. Your hope is to wedge enough doubt to get people to say "well, maybe there could be a God" and then you now count them as being on "your side" with the hope of marginalizing those who actually think critically.

One only needs to see how you respond when someone leaves the possibility of a God, but gives as much credence to a "God" from the past (Zeus) or somewhere else on Earth (Shiva). Suddenly your version (KJ Bible) is the true word of God, and those who follow a different superstition, worship a pedophile or their belief is just silly.

Much like the evangelicals who want to trojan horse the door to public school with teaching "intelligent design" as an alternative theory, your real goal is to proselytize your own version of the "true religion" and try to increase your numbers in your own sect.

You're obvious.

Saints Team Total over tonight. I'm 2-2 today by the looks of it, so if you want to pray for my late bet, by all means, fill your sandals.