Originally posted on 10/13/2014:

I made a thread last week about the fact Notre Dame would struggle with NC. That was a sandwich of a game if I ever saw one. It's one thing to tell your players to stay focused....but we all know it never happens. When you play against the #1 defense in football one week, have the #1 team in the country in 2 weeks, that game in between gets lost in the shuffle. If Notre Dame played UNC a month ago, they blow them out of the water. They looked flat compared to their other games, but they woke up when it mattered. But that was a dangerous "sandwich" style game.

If you don't give Brian Kelly praise for what he's done this year with that team, then you're an idiot. That team lost 4 starters to suspension (including an All-American WR and DB) and is playing a bunch of freshman and sophomores everywhere, particularly at WR and RB, and their qb wasn't even on any team last year, and they're playing unbelievable football. People doubted they would even make a New Year's bowl this year. While I don't think they'll make it to the playoff, that team is going to be scary good next year and the following with that good a young class.