Originally posted on 09/28/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
The size difference is a much bigger factor than I thought it'd be.

Alvarez's punches are having very little effect on Cowboy, and Eddie feels everything Cowboy throws. Reminds me of Frankie vs Bendo.
MD, we need more posts from you like this...and less of the pissy-pedantic (i'm right and you're wrong) and/or petty (i'm cool and you aren't) variety...

it did look a lot like bendo v frankie in there...and, as Vaughany observed, a drop in weight-class is definitely required just as it was with frankie...and (just as with frankie) he'll discover that the drop will not be the quick path to domination...it'll just get him back on even footing size-wise with the army of similarly-talented bangers and cardio-phenoms...

the breadth of the talent pool in the UFC has been growing rapidly before our eyes with each and every event (when frankie finally dropped to feather, i thought it'd be just him, chad, and aldo full-stop...now there are a half-dozen other beasts at that weight-class (now joined most emphatically by the self-effacing irishman...scary how he made poirier look...i think swanson and even aldo soiled their undergarments watching that)

interestingly enough, just last night the "drop weight or perish" boom also landed on shlemenko...gone are the days of the super-talented little energizer bunnies fighting bigger guys...and say hello to more weight-cutting complications among other things...

to think that alvarez was a welterweight-champ in some not-bad promos not that long ago...had to drop to lightweight in Bellator...now in UFC he'll have to drop to feather...
the better the organization, the lower the weightclass u'll need to suffer your way into...offset by the bigger bucks to make it worth the suffering