Originally posted on 09/17/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
Sometimes hype is all hype, and sometimes its justified. People should by know recognise that mcgregor is a special talent, like gunnarson. They were crazy hyped before the ufc, and they continue to win. Many fighters need years and years of fighting. They are massive talents. Think aboiut Dhong Y.Kim he fought sadollah back in 2010, and he is still improving, and he is freakin talent. Or lawler, he is in his prime now, after how long, 12-13 years?. Mcregor and gunnarson just came and are a couple of fights away from the title. Thats huge. Its INSANE. Most of us couldnt even get best grades in a class of 20. Theyr probably Top 3-4 in the world for their age group.
bj, you are from iceland, yeah? are you queer for gunnar and conor?

seriously though, i think some hype is justified for both of them. and i'm a little bit queer for both guys too. but the question is not whether any hype is justified, but rather how much? you think top 3-4? maybe you're right, but i'd like to see how they perform against top talent before anointing them the next jon jones and chris weidman.