Originally posted on 09/11/2014:

LA Tech alum here with some info... We started out the year with a rough game at OU (which would be tough for almost anybody). Last weekend we went to ULL and whipped them at their place 48-20. ULL was a bowl team last year and was the unanimous pick to win the Sun Belt this year, so it was a good road win for us.

When you look at tonight, UNT has practically NO passing offense. They are 126th in the nation in pass yards per game (only 61). They won their last game vs a terrible SMU team and only had 108 passing yards the whole game. I get it, the latter part of the game you're just running the ball to run the clock out, but only 108 yards in the air isn't great. Their running game is good, but it seems like they are one-dimensional.

My Bulldogs were VERY one dimensional last year, kinda tough to watch. This year we have Iowa transfer Cody Sokol, who can throw pretty well. Last week we were very balanced (295 passing yds and 238 rushing yds). RB Kenneth Dixon has been a very good RB since he set the NCAA record for touchdowns by a freshman in 2012. He had a 99 yd rushing TD on Sat, so he's in good shape

I'm going to the game tonight in Denton since I live in DFW, and I like our chances if we can load the box and make UNT throw it. I bet this when the line came out at +4.5. Yes, I'm partial... but I never love blowing $$ either. Hope this info helps. Go Dawgs