Originally posted on 09/01/2014:

I didnt swoop in to steal anything. You initially offered to gift him the 1200 points, thats didnt work out for whatever reason so fine. I stepped in to give CS a way out as he pm'ed me looking for help and said he did not want to borrow after this mess. So I was not going to give him a free way out and since you were willing to give them to him one could only deduct that you would also be able to lend them to him for whatever rate he would work out with you. After all receiving just your principal alone back is more than you would get back from a gift.

After posting that you could loan him the points and getting all parties involved to agree you decided that you might "entertain" the idea of loaning him the points if the interest was right. After stating as much for a second time I felt that I had reached my quota of dealing with stupid for the day and was ready to call it a night.

I gave Carseller a fixed interest rate along with a few terms and called it a night.

And if you think that is high I guarantee it would have been higher with your method because odds are pretty high he takes longer than a month as he doesnt generate well, blows at poker and generally requires hitting a run of extreme positive variance in whatever game he chooses to come into points. I don't feel like keeping up with it so I gave him a set percentage and told him to keep track.