Originally posted on 07/23/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by bosigga View Post
Thats what I've been saying this whole time! You can't ignore 50 years of occupation and oppression and then say how dare these people resist us and desire freedom. "we are just defending ourselves"!!

Yes Israel has been doing that for a very long time, way before this "current fighting" genius. And they are illegally occupying Gaza and continue pushing settlements in the West Bank. Netanyahu has no interest in a two state solution at all. Hamas are not saints, but right now they are speaking for their people. What part of their ceasefire conditions is unreasonable?
If Israel really wanted to crush Hamas they are failing, this collective punishment of innocent civilians can only make Hamas stronger. How far has Abbas gone with negotiations for a two state solution? That has worked so well huh? Why do you eat up everything the Israelis and media feed you?

And what dumbass from Israel would want to go to a hospital in Gaza where they are considered a legit military target as soon as they cross the border??
That is a 100% true.
In "good times" Hamas has no support whatsoever from the normal civilian population. And you can measure that by numbers of Hamas fighters in the last 20+ years. As soon as one Hamas nut fires a rocket, Israel punishes all and kills innocent people "by mistake". And as soon as that happens it is the most normal thing in the world that people back the guys that fight the guys that killed one of your family. My sister was killed by Israel rocket? I'll join Hamas and fight them. And not: I have work, I can go wherever I want in this state without having to ask for permission (which is never given anyway), I have food, I have peace? Well, it's a great idea to ruin that and join Hamas and fight Israel. Wrong, damn fukkin wrong.
I am not sympathizing with anyone here, but don't get it all twisted when it comes to action and reaction.