Originally posted on 06/29/2014:

First draft just looking over spots, will probably edit before the season starts.
Every year certain picks baffle me and I hit a high succes rate in picking out the bad picks, lets see how this goes.

1. Andrew Wiggins - Needed to dominate in college before coming out, he didnt that and I dont think he ever cared, dont think he wants or can handle the burden of being picked first, Im gonna hope Cavs fans arnt envisioning a reincarnation for King James because they wont find it here. Dont think he has a leader personality and he's now being thrust in a position where he will almost have to be.
6. Marcus Smart - Reminds me of Tony Allen, not a bad thing at all, but not worthy of number 6 either. So isnt a shooting guard who cant really shoot an oxymoron? Yes and being drafted by Boston, a place as passionate about its sports as any other is a concern also, when things arnt going so well I hope Mr. Smart keeps things mellow and plays through the tough times.
8. Nik Staukas - I liked watching him at Michigan but he's overrated, shouldnt have gone this high, after hitting what 6 treys against St. the media anointed him even more and Im a big Michigan fan and love Staukas. Sadly Staukas falls into the aged old history of the NBA looking for the next great white ballplayer and ends up being drafted too high,(see Luke Jackson, Adam Morrison, although I can see him becoming like a Jeff Hornacek, which is a good thing.

13. Zach Lavine - I balleyhooed this kid up from before the start of the season after watching some film of him, has raw natural talent culminated from an immense growth spurt during final years of high school, should have stayed in school, he doesnt know how to actually play basketball yet.

15. Adreian Payne - I love Payne and his game with his lack of strength for the position works in college but he shouldnt be counted on to do half as much on this level.

18. Tyler Ennis - Average athlete, but doesnt need to be freakish with the game he employs, the media wanted to point to a reason why Cuse started 25-0 and since Ennis was the new kid on the block he became the public darling by default. Dont get me wrong, I liked his poise as a freshman and heady ball play, its just that a number of guys on the college level can do what he does, they just werent freshmen.

21. Mitch McGary - Never saw the love affair with McGary, but if youre OKC looking for another Nick Collison, well McGary's your guy, just dont expect him to really ever start.

30. Kyle Anderson - At least at PG he'll be a bust, I think he's too slow for the NBA, height at the position isnt enough, huge hitch in jumpshot that isnt particularly accurate anyway. I do like his mindset on the floor and the Spurs are the best team that accentuates that mindset so SF at best, perhaps can mold into a Boris Diaw type, a pass first playmaker who sets picks and looks for cutters on the block. Could fill in at backup PG at worst.