Originally posted on 06/29/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by MustWinPlease View Post

u wot mate?

The Gods are on Greece's side
Everyone is saying "oh they shouldnt of gone through it wasnt a penalty" if people watched the game greece actually dominated and hit the post several times
Costa Rica's star tails men Joel Campbell plays for Olympiakos so Manolas and Co will have him covered. Greece will frustrate the Costa Ricans and I expect them to score on the counter and win 1-0.
Hitting the post from 40 meters out, doesn't neccesseraly mean that you dominated in that game. And no, Grecce did not deserve to go through. They were bit more offensive minded in the last game (comparing this performance to their usual boring football), but taking all 3 games into consideration, overall they were one of the worst teams in the competition.

Joel Campbell might play for the same club like some Greek players, but that doesn't mean they are going to stop him any easier, just because of that. If you are trying to suggest that he played well in group stage, because teams were not aware of him, you are wrong. This is world cup man. Teams look at a lot of film of their opponents and analyse them in details. Uruguay, Italy and England were well aware of the threat which Campbell can pose, but that didn't help much.

I am not saying that Costa Rica is a lock here, because it is not. Such underdog teams, performing well, can become public favorites and because of that money coming in on them, not much value can be found, in backing them... Greek usualy has a good strategy, but I don't believe that they are on the same level, like in some previous years. Costa Rica plays better football, it is simple as that. Small play on Costa Rica pk, or avoiding this game completely. Good luck!