Originally posted on 06/25/2014:

Two plays for tom:

1) argentina/nigeria - taking under 2.5 (-105). both defenses have done an amazing job thus far with only one goal allowed combined. The only thing that slightly worries me with this play is that Argentina will most likely look to get goals to put them in a scoring mind frame heading into the knockout stages. Taking all things into consideration however, i still think the under ultimately hits.

2) bosnia/iran - taking iran pickem (+160). Iran moneyline is +230 but i ended up choosing the pickem to allow some margin of error. Iran is technically still alive and a win here with a nigeria loss (assuming nigeria loses which is a pretty high probability) will result in Iran either advancing or Fifa being forced into its first ever "drawing of lots." (Only if iran wins 1-0 and nigeria loses 0-1 due to tiebreaker rules). The reason i chose the pickem was simply due to the fact that Iran hasn't been able to score and the increased moneyline payout is not worth the additional risk in the event of a tie imo. Bosnia is the better team on paper, however, their world cup is over since they have no chance of advancing and rumor has it that they'll be playing some of their younger players to get them some world cup experience. Iran is also desperate and this combined with the potential of bosnia to play its young players, i think iran walks away with a win.

Will let you all know if i take any of the afternoon games.

As always, tail or fade and BOL.