Originally posted on 06/22/2014:

Futures Plays
"To Win Quarter"
These are drastically under utilized in my opinion. Most are going to be looking at the futures for the player to win the tournament whereas these might provide you with a better shot to cash and easier green out options.

Quarter #3 [Federer]
This quarter has some intriguing possibilities. Federer @ -155 ranks 2nd lowest to Nadal @ -110 to win his quarter. The reasons are there to see. He will face either a man who pushed him hard a few years ago in Benneteau or your proto-typical serve not in Gilles Muller in the 2nd round. The grass is likely to still be slick and quick where Muller could prove a tough out. Should he shake that round, you have to like his chance to be in position to get to a quarter. Janowicz is in his area, but I'm not buying anything about the Big Pole turning it on. He's had a whole year to get something going and rarely has. Up top, long odds could lend to a good opportunity. Lopez @ +1100 is really intriguing as he's got the best grass court form of anyone and has shown he is capable of running deep at Wimbledon. Istomin @ +5000 for the dartboarders. He's up top with Wawrinka, but Wawrinka rarely produces here.

Quarter 4 [Nadal]
This quarter could be a gold mine. You have the lowest rated of the top four seeds to win his quarter in Nadal @ -110. Up top, Raonic & Nishikori are the seeds who lack Wimbledon success, but have the draws to run deep. Raonic is +500 to win the quarter and Nishikori is at +700. The prices seems right with Nishikori having a tougher run to get to Raonic in the 4th round. Gasquet @ +1000 & Kohlschreiber @ +1200 are intriguing long shots if you think Nadal will be gone in the early stages. Riding with Nadal here is not a bad option IF you believe he can survive the first few rounds. After that, you're going to have green out possibilities all the way through. There's definitely a lot of food for thought in this quarter.

"To Win The Title"
Djokovic is your favorite @ +182. I want to see him play a round or two before I would think of backing this position due to the wrist injury scare this week. It's probably nothing, but if it's something - you can save yourself an investment by seeing him play. You're not going to likely lose a ton of price on Djokovic barring some big upsets of the top seeds early.

Federer @ +550 is one that interests me as well as Murray @+435. Federer is too old, right? Murray too out of form, right? Perhaps, but both have the experience and Murray has a pretty nice draw to find some form. Federer if he can fight through the early rounds could prove to be very dangerous especially on Nadal's side of the bracket.