Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=22115993'>posted</a> on 06/22/2014:

I just went to Subway and they had a tip cup on the counter. This is one big pet peeve for me. Don't get my wrong, I will always tip a pizza driver or a waiter/waitress, but does it make sense to be tipping at subway ? They don't do anything extra for me, they don't come to my table and refill my cup, they don't come out and take my order while I sit on my arse texting. They don't deliver my food to my house. WHY the FK should I be tipping at Subway, Carls JR., Jersey Mikes, etc ??? I just hate it and I feel like if you don't tip they kind of have a crappy attitude with you. I watched the 2 guys in front of me, one guy didn't drop anything into the tip cup and the cashier didn't so much as say thanks. I feel its just tacky to take a paper cup and write "TIPS" on it and put it on the counter. Years ago when I worked at McDonalds, if we tried that garbage we would have been fired by the manager. It makes me question the leadership of these restaurants when they allow that crap. I live in Washington state, we have the highest statewide minimum wage. They make $10 minimum to work in fast food. Im not trying to be heartless but that's all you deserve, its a starting out job. Im not trying to disrespect the job, a lot of us started out in fast food, but its a starting out job, and don't put a paper cup with the word "tips" written on it on the counter. That is no more professional than the guy standing on the street corner holding a cup. Ok end rant, that's just how I feel.