Originally posted on 06/05/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
All these friendliest for the most part are fixed either for the spread or game totals but mostly both. Watched a couple games this weekend

US winning 2 0 vs Turkey. Scoreless first half. 2:0 after 80 mins. Thereafter pretty clear US was not trying to score but were doing their best to let Turkey score. Ridiculous give always but Turkey could not score. US defender handled the ball in penalty box off course Turkey converted. I almost could tell the US was deliberately trying to give away a goal. The funniest thing I saw was the US defender shaking his goalies hand almost. Congratulating him after Turkey converted.

Germany was heavily favored. Total goals set at 3. Scoreless first half. Playing Cameroon. Explosion in second half. Germany scored twice and Cameroon tied it in 88th min or so. Again if you watched it Germany defense was deliberately trying to let Cameroon score. Cameroon striker had an open unchallenged shot at goal with German defenders backing for no reason and even the announcers were amazed. This game was in Germany and anyone who picked Germany to win let alone cover the -2 spread got screwed

Same scenario played out with the Netherlands. Heavily favored playing at home again inferior competition. Game ended 0:0

Last night Ivory Coast vs inferior competition. Spread was -2. Ivory Coast dominated and was up 2:0 half time. At half time over under was 3.5 goals. With the way Ivory Coast was dominating and 5dimes taking a lean on the under I knew there is no way 2 goals would be scored. Sure enough in 2nd half Ivory Coast was messing around and after 80 mins started showing their hand. They wanted the other team to score one. I think it was Peru or something. They missed two sitters shots on open goal. Ivory Coast defender was not having it. Made a clumsy challenge on a cross knocking striker down forcing ref to award a still dubious penalty. Final score 2:1. Ivory Coast did not cover spread. Everyone happy

In all these games I am sure majority of gamblers lost. The sad part is how anyone can question FIXING is beyond me.

Can't even tell how the real World Cup can be on the up and up if major nations like Germany Netherlands Italy and the USA all seem to be on the take or at the very least a good number of their players know what's up and playing to predetermined outcomes
Idiotic post of the year ... if you would have spoken about some friendly matches played between the reserves's reserves of Mozambic and Haiti I would have said you might be right ... but you are talking about Germany or Netherlands using their top players players paid with millions of euros each year, playing right before the start of the World Cup and most of them probably just trying to warmup before the World Cup and not get injured and you really are saying their matches were fixed ... stop using drugs man