Originally posted on 05/18/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBVD View Post
To be honest, I'm not in it for the long term. As for betting no more than 2.5% of my bank roll, there's no way I'd be inclined to do that.

I am a high stakes, low odds kind of gambler. It's how initially built my net profit and ultimately how I lost a massive chunk of it.

The thing is, the kind of fixtures I would target are now no longer available due to the domestic football league season ending. So it's either wait until next season or find that one bet which will erase the loss and then some. Obviously had I gone in hung ho with Miami tonight I would have been left reeling but I still have that part of me that can make a sensible judgement and decide like for instance tonight, that game 1 should be a watch and monitor type situation. And I can't believe how easy Pacers steam rolled Miami tonight FML.

I said to myself that if Miami got beat tonight that game 2 would be an automatic pick because every loss Miami has suffered in the last two Playoffs (including this one), they have bounced back with a win. And as for OKC/Spurs, you can forget that as well.
You don't have to have great bankroll management nor only bet a % on each play. You've decided you're not in it for the long term so your style is fine. Those guys with great bankroll management just go broke slower than high risk, all in type bettors. Bettors like yourself.

What you need is a goal. What I mean is, what is your end game? When do you cash out and how much? Without a goal, without cashing out occasionally, with your style of betting, there is a 100% chance you go broke. And it may be nothing more than bad luck but it will happen.

patience is key for you as well. You sound rushed to make a play to recover your losses. Honestly in NBA, i'm finding it hard to find value anywhere right now or get a good feel on either series. So for action, I'm just picking off good numbers and hoping to win.

But if you choose go go all in, I wish you the best of luck. When you do, plz start a thread and I'll sweat it out with you.