Originally posted on 05/05/2014:

Four games to consider

LA Dodgers -114 over Washington

J. Zimmerman v. Z. Greinke
Dodger bats have owned the Nats starter Zimmerman in the past, tonight should be no different.
I can't ignore this data

Kemp 5 for 12 .417 2 home runs 7 RBi
Han-Ram 9 for 20 .450 1 home run 6 RBI
A-Gon 4 for 12 .333
Ethier and Crawford too, they are both over .300

These are not punch and Judy hitters, these are big boy names, with big boy sticks, that can and will hurt you.

National line up is decimated without Clown Boy Bryce Harper and 3B Ryan Zimmerman.

Jason Werth can't touch Grienke he's 1 for 6
Span is 9 for 31 .290 but 7 of those 9 are singles.
Everyone else has 10 or less AB's,
LaRoche is 4 for 5 should be noted.

-114 is where the line is sitting as I type this.
I'd go up to -125 on the better team (Dodgers) with the better lineup and the better starter (Greinke)

I'm considering +140 r/l too, since Washington is guaranteed a ninth inning on the road.

Chicago White Sox +112 over Chicago Cubs

J Quintana v. J Samardzija

Cross town rivalry
Most peoples knee jerk reaction is to think Cubs with Samardzija
Both are very talented lefties, Samardzija may have a little more talent,.
Samardzija is 0 and 3 with eye popping numbers and is in the top ten in ERA, however his last start was not sharp.
0 wins due to crappy run support, 11 runs total the Cubs have scored for him all season. (Phil Hughes used to get that every start so it seems when he was Yankee)
However Samardzija's last start wasn't sharp ,and he's facing a White Sox team that includes home run leader Jose Abreu, a torrid hot .;457 on the road Dayan Vicideo, and others.

Quintana is a strike out artist (8 per 9) lefty that has pretty much league average WH/IP and ERA.
However he's facing a team that is awful against LHP pitching.
Last season Cubbies hit .232. and had a God awful ,298 against all LHP

White Sox is the play with the better lineup, a good left handed starter against a team that struggles against LHP (and right I may add)

White Sox is my play at +112

KC Royals -118 over SD Padres

Stults v. Ventura

I have said it a million times in this thread that the KC Royals top to bottom are the best hitting team versus LHP
SD sends out a crappy lefty in Stults.

This is one of those inter league games where both teams rarely face each other, so both pitchers have no history against the opposing lineups.

Game is in NL park, KC loses the DH, I guess Butler sits and Hosmer plays first, and even though Hosmer is around .300, Butler is catching fire finally.
Doesn't matter, DH or no DH, KC should eat Stuls up.

Royals starter Yorlando Ventura who's been lights out all season.
31 K's/30 IP ERA of 1.50 and a WH/IP of 1.07, nobody saw that coming.

SD is a weak hitting team, I expect Ventura to remain dominant, conversely, I expect the Royals to light up the SD lefty,

Texas Rangers +105 over Colorado Rockies.

Perez v. Jordan Lyles.

All that glitters is not gold.
Rockie starter Jordan Lyles is off to a very nice start this season, giving up three runs in his last three start after giving up 8 in his first three starts.

Jordy is 3-0 after six starts so far this season, his ERA is a tidy 2.70 and his WH/IP is a gaudy 1.06
Take notice type numbers,
Doesn't change the fact that he's still a career hamburger.
Lifetime numbers are ERA of over 5 and a lifetime WH/IP of over 1,4
Hamburger helper numbers.

I wanted to know what he's doing right this year, figured it out.
1) He's got all sorts of offensive help now that he's with the Rockies.

2) I looked real close, his GB/FB ratio is way down (or up depending on how you look at it)
He's getting a lot more outs on the ground than in the air, more thant 1/2, and that's how you win in Denver.
Flyballs go for taters there, I think he or his coach (s) told him to win here (Denver) keep the ball on the ground, It's working so far.
He has not given up a dinger at home all year so far, however his K ratio is near rock bottom.

Here's the problem tonight, you are going to need some punch outs against a Ranger team that has underachived up until recently.
Make no mistake, Rangers are a dangerous hitting team (like the Rox)

Beltre is back, he's heating up, and feeling here is he's going to get his rocks (pardon the pun) this week out there where the air is rare.
Beltre is a bona fide masher, has been his whole career, and did I mention he's 6 for 17 lifetime versus Lyles .353.

Fat Prince thinks he's 25 years old again, and finally remembers how to hit.
People (like me) were saying "told you the Tigers robbed the Rangers on the Fielder/Kinsler deal"
Starterd the year under 200, people were writing his baseball career obit, is now heating up nicely,
Over .300 the last week, with a pair of roped doubles,
DId I mention Prince is 3 for 7 against Jordy Lyles too,

Uh-oh, Beltre is 100 percent heatlhy and hitting like Beltre, Prince has woken up, and they both have swatted Jordy in the past like a gnat.
This can't end well for Lyles.

Then there's Rios, who's been raking all season, .328
If Andrus gets out of his funk, Lyles won't last 5 innings tonight because this Ranger team is (like I said) heating up, which could be disasterous against a contact out type of pitcher that can not strike out 4 a game, I'm sensing there is going to be a shit load of contact by the Ranger hitters tonight.
Here's a small sample.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvsp...1/jordan-lyles

OK, Rockies can mash too.
Make no mistake about that, however Perez has not yeilded a homer all season.
And unlike Lyles, Marty can get the needed punch out.

On the season Perez is 4-1
ERA of 2.95 and WH/IP of 1.08 with zero homers yielded, pitching in a big stick league is impressive.
Unlike Lyle who has crappy career numbers, Perez's primary stats for his career are all under league average,

Forget the fact that Oakland destroyed him his last start, the three priors he went 9 full, 9 full, and 8 full.
What's the fluke? Three straight shutouts, or a terrific A's team hitting an off Perez after 3 straight gems?
I give Perez a free pass his last game.

I spent one hour on this game,
Know what it comes down to?

Perez will limit the damage the Rockies bats can do, Lyles will not.

Really like the +105, or +107 or whatever you can get now, as long as there is a + number in front of Perez I'm betting it.
I'm shopping for the best + number I can get.

3*
Texas

The other three are leans, and might plays.