Originally posted on 04/30/2014:

Tramadol, Lyrica and Kratom can all help calm the acute withdrawal symptoms. Of course, pecs, norco's and subs are better but you may not have access to all of them. I've been through it more than I care to admit. The acute symptoms are terrible but don't last long. Most people think it ends there. Well, it doesn't. The PAWS or post acute withdrawal symptoms can last years. Your brain becomes "rewired" chemically when on high doses of opioids for a long time. I mention this not to scare you but hoping that you realize you're in for a long fight. Ultimately my best advice for the long term, find an addiction councelor. They don't judge, don't drug test and usually have very good insight into opioid addiction. Short term, take as few Percy's and xanax's as you can. Get rid of the clonidine and get a beta blocker for now, metoprolol or Inderal work fine. Make sure you're seeing a physician to monitor you.

If you want to read more personal experiences and blogs and threads from other people that have gone through what you are, I'm going to PM you a link to a different site where there are many, many more ppl that will be able to relate.

good luck Mitch