Originally posted on 04/22/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
I think maybe the Gambling Commission isn't the real culprit many are making them out to be?

Seems to me that the government hasn't given them the power or resources to do what is needed to be able to regulate the industry the way we'd like to see it done?
Quite possibly. However, they do receive substantial payments from wagering operators, which should at least enable them to provide a basic caution to punters when they are first notified of an issue by multiple players. Instead, it was left to myself and a handful of others to alert prospective punters in forums and social media about what was going on with Canbet. The Gambling Commission simply sat on their hands until the end of 2013. And ever since they have been distancing themselves from the matter at every opportunity. Which begs the question, if they didn't have the resources, what were they doing corresponding with Canbet directors and the auditor in the first place? Only to keep most of these interactions from the general public when FOI requests were made.

No, they weren't the proponents of this scam. However, by proclaiming to be the regulator of bookmakers licensed with them, when are we going to see them actually give a hoot about what has taken place under their watch?