Originally posted on 04/13/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
I think MLB is the hardest to cap. Reason why... you have to factor in a lot of juice on your losses. And that doggie doesn't bark at times when you take him. It's a marathon not a sprint. But if you really need a baseball fix daily... I look at the career avgs of the players going against the starting pitcher. If one team is off by .80 to .100 I hammer it. MLB is the only sport where stats count... and technically you can't fix a baseball game. O/U yes... there's a possibility. But picking home and away... well... take a side hard to rig. And you factor in a little bit of line movement. But that's about it.

It's great to know people are excited about MLB/baseball. Every thread you go to here... posters are excited. That's great and all... but there's no way you guys are + at the end of the year in this sport. Maybe 1% of you.

Baseball is a zero profit sport.
Baseball is easy to cap, if you have 90 minutes to devote daily.
Dogs don't always bark, but if you do your homework you can go 50/50 betting +money, do that, well, you do the math.
Career avg. versus pitchers is indeed a good place to start to 'cap.
You can not really fix a game, you can try with the HPU, pay attention to 2-2 counts, often an apparant strike 3 call is called ball 3 to make a full count out of what would have been strike 3.