Originally posted on 04/02/2014:

Its great to use when you see something that maybe wasn't going the way you thought it would. There has been many times I had an Under on a basketball game and the game was going at an extremely quicker pace than I expected. Normally if you wait until their is a lull in scoring which usually takes place in hoops then you can hit that over and buy out of that original position.

Also in baseball if there is a home favorite say -150 thru -200 and in the top of the 1st the away team hits 1 random solo homerun but your pitcher still looked great and didn't get in any trouble. You can then get that home favorite with the whole game left at a much better price.

It also can be great in football if you like an over when the total is really high. If the total is 65+ in college or 50+ in nfl the majority of time at some point during the 1st quarter you will get a much better total than the closing line. I can't recall exact examples but I do remember a total in nfl that was 55 I believe it was a bronco game. After one scoreless possession and a punt the total was then 51.5, when the other team also had to punt it went to 47.5. Which is when I bet the over, it was still only 7-8 minutes into the game. It landed on 50, giving me a win instead of a loss.

Basketball especially NBA which is a sport of several runs. There is plenty of times a team will be up 10 in the 1st quarter only to be trailing at halftime. I have a buddy who is very successful at taking a 7-8 point dog on the ML when he believes it will be very competitive early. If that favorite is down 6-8 points early which is nothing in the nba he then takes the favorite just to win the game at -110. Giving him a free roll on the +300 ticket. I haven't tried this approach with the nba as I find the product tedious to watch until the playoffs lol.