Originally posted on 03/26/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post

Use your favorite search engine: sdql bible.

From there it's all learning the filters used to create queries.
Many of the filters are very basic, (HD = home dog, etc) however understanding some of the more complex ones does take time and really requires practice using.
If you would like translation for a particular query, just ask the author. Lots of good peeps in here that can help you along the way.
Good luck.
Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post

this slicker guy, posed, and such a mediator . I would like to add. on the killersports page, under each sport and towards the left bottom, there is a PDF manual for each sport. Also, join the google group and use the search function (where most of my learning came from). Additionally, I have been gamble for 15+ years and the PC's were introduced to me in the ninth grade...lol (should tell you how old I am). I have evolved my life around SDQL as my sole handicapping method. After three or more year, I am still LEARNING it. After many years of trying to learn it and many, many dollars spent on trial and error, I am finally showing grand profits. . SDQL seems overwhelming at first (like most new things do), but it is rather easy if time is spent to learn it.

If any outsiders ever have a question on a parameter, just post it or PM me. I will be glad to try and help.

Well said guys. None of us was spoon fed much when it comes to this unfortunately, as it's not programming at all...It's actually a language, a language we need to learn how to speak fluently if we want the database to spit out results.

90 days ago I didn't even know that the SDQL existed, let alone what the right scenarios would be to pursue. From those first horrible steps the journey has now provided handicapping plays that have generated a 43-25 win/loss record the last six weeks of using it daily for the NBA.

Dive in, learn it, practice it, ask questions from brilliant vets like JMon/b1/etc and you'll get it...Practice practice practice.

PS - I never got a grade above a C in all the time I took French in high school so don't feel that you need to be gifted with languages (or mathematics for that matter) in order to pick it up. You can do it!