Originally posted on 03/15/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by ReconSnarff View Post
That is all.
compared to what exactly? What they were in 80's and 90's?

Certainly the ACC isn't as good as they used to be, and the bottom 4 teams are truly terrible this year, but I'm not sure what qualifies them as joke. Yeah they have some ugly losses (IE: UNC @ UAB/UVA @ UWGB) but who doesn't? And outside of the Big 12, is there any conference that's really any better than they are? Taking into account Kansas beating Duke/Texas beating UNC I hope even the ACC homers will concede the Big 12 is the better league this year. But who else can make that claim?

The Big 10?

Duke beat Michigan
UNC won @ Michigan State
Cuse beat Minnesota/Indiana
GTech beat Illinois
NC State beat Northwestern
Notre Dame beat Indiana (and should have beaten Ohio State and Notre Dame SUCKS this year)

yeah Wisconsin beat UVA, but that's about the only win they had against the ACC that meant anything unless you think Ohio State beating Maryland is that big a deal. And didn't the ACC-Big 10 challenge end in a tie? Pretty sure you can't call the ACC worse than the Big 10.

So the Pac-12?

Arizona beat Duke, but then Duke beat UCLA so pretty much a wash.
Pitt beat Stanford
Cuse beat Cal
Miami beat Arizona State (and Asu finished #5 in the Pac-12 while Miami was only the 10th best team in the ACC)

So would you say they're any better? I wouldn't.

Who's next, SEC?

UNC finished 4th in the ACC and beat Kentucky (SEC #2)
ACC #7 NC State beat SEC #4 Tennessee handedly @ Tenn
Of course Tennessee also totally bitch slapped ACC #1 UVA (as well as Wake Forest) while NC State lost to Missouri at home.
Florida beat FSU, but only by a point, and in Gainesville, and UF is #1 in the SEC, while FSU is #8 in ACC, so is that really all that impressive? I don't think so. UGA held off GTech and Arkansas edged past Clemson, so if you threw those games in there I suppose one would probably have to lean toward giving the nod to the SEC, but at the same time the SEC got 5 of those games at home while the ACC only had 2. Hard for me to say really. I think UT waxing UVA and UF being #1 should give the SEC the edge though. So the Big 12 and the SEC are a little better than the ACC. Anyone else?

Certainly not the Big East right?

ACC #2 Cuse beat Big East #1 Nova handedly
ACC #9 Maryland beat Big East #3 Providence
Cuse beat St. John's.
Only Big East win I can find over the ACC is St. John's over Georgia Tech which is pretty much meaningless.

So no way the ACC is worse than the Big East. Who's that leave, whatever conference Louisville is in?

UNC beat Louisville
UVA beat SMU
Cincy beat NCSU/Pitt
UCONN beat Maryland
So that's somewhat even. At the same time, as bad as the bottom teams in the ACC are, Rutgers, South Florida, Temple, and UCF are even worse.

So if the ACC's a joke, what's the Big East? What's the AAC? The Pac-12? I think there's just a lot of parity in college ball today.