Originally posted on 03/03/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by justkyle88 View Post
Everyone has more than likely heard the story's and been involved in losing their bankroll atleast once, well it's happened to me....Twice.

I'm not here to whine and moan about it because I use to play high games of poker and deal with a lot of money so I understand bankroll management and how important it is.

I was curious how sports betting is a little different though.

What points and unit systems do people use?
What % of their bankroll to they use on singles/doubles/trebles/accumulators/$x-$x challenges etc?
And basically any other useful information on how to be a smarter better.

Thanks in advance.
From your username, I am guessing you are in your mid 20's.

Sports investing/betting/gambling, whatever you want to call it is no different IMO to investing on property or shares.

Like all things, with time, you will get better and more astute at managing money and your plays.

Are you doing this for entertainment or to make money? If it is to make money, then you need to put the work in. You need to record all your bets, and analyse them after the results to improve your performance. A lot of people see sports betting as making money quickly. People often don't have the time to do intensive research in their chosen sport and betting systems.

The best advice I can give is to treat your sports betting like a business. Be professional, record your bets, analyse them.

A lot of it comes down to your mentality, you need to have discipline. You need to accept that you will have losing streaks.

With time, and experience, you will get better and better.