Originally posted on 02/08/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
You can eliminate Reds right now...narrow it down a little. They won't even make the playoffs. Also Phillies look horrible on paper. I actually think Dodgers vs Seattle is a possible WS match up.
Why eliminate the Reds?
If the Reds coaches drill into Hamiltons head that a walk is as a good as a hit, and drill patience is a virtue into his head, that sets the table for Phillips, Votto and Bruce, which is a rock solid meat of the order.

If Reds were smart, they would bat Votto second, I can write a book as to why, but the main reason Votto should hit second is because the teams best OBA/hitter ideally should hit second as to cluster the bases for the Bruce, Phllips and the rest.
I have a database chock full of mind numbing numbers to make my case, but I'm not in the mood for tying it all out right now.

But I digress, the Reds have a rock solid order 1-5, they have a top three NL rotation with Cueto, Latos, Bailey, Cingranni, and Leake, they are five deep in starters, most teams are barely three deep.

The Reds main three out of the pen is as good as it gets with Broxton, Marsahall and Chapman.

They got super bench man Schumakker who can play middle infield, outfield, and piss you off with a clutch pinch hit single.

Now the Reds have a few flaws, all teams do, but they can very easily go toe to toe with the Cards.

Throw out the Reds? No, you have to strongly consider the Reds.