Originally posted on 02/07/2014:

This might seem a bit vague solely because a few people helped me out today while I was there and I don't want to cause any drama for them as I'm 99.9% sure now that at least one person from IGAS is following this thread closely (you'll see why below). The people who helped me knew why I was asking questions and who I was but there is no benefit to them for assisting us so I'm not going to throw them under the bus at all.

When I got to the 29th floor I saw 3 offices. Sporting Data which we already knew of, a second company I'd never heard of before and an office that looked to be recently vacated, complete with crap still on the floor. I assumed that the empty office was IGAS and they'd hit the road in the 2 days since someone verified they were still there. I took a few pics of the empty office, went downstairs to have a coffee and post in here that sadly they'd skipped town. However thanks to a few weird coincidences, I managed to find out that they are indeed still on the 29th floor of the ANZ Building. They're just hiding.

The two guys who have your cash are Graeme White (as Fender1 mentioned above) and Peter Lord. As soon as I heard those 2 names I'd remembered seeing them here: http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/canbet-uk

The company in India (Delta) was pumping cash into them from either the day IGAS took control of Canbet or very soon after. A LOT of money, as in millions which is why people are baffled. This is not some recent acquisition. I'm going to start using the word allegedly here just so some money hungry grubs don't try to come after me with a lawsuit: They "allegedly" let half of their staff go with no payouts or entitlements and they "allegedly" told them that they are going to bat for them with Fair Work Australia so they'd keep quiet. As in they are shifting the blame to the money guys in India although they were given MORE than enough to keep the business afloat + the cash they received from player deposits. Hence why no squawkers on any forum yet.

The remaining staff are working for a new company called Results International. That's the name I saw on the second office - just a dodgy piece of paper taped on the doorbell - and as I obviously didn't recognise it, I initially thought nothing of it. Although the company name was incorporated a couple of years ago, starting the first week of Jan 2014 docs started to be filed with ASIC. A few weeks before the Jan 28th deadline you guys were given. I was also told they have a website up and running although I haven't looked much for it yet. This company has allegedly been set up to do exactly what IGAS did: Pull in investors with deep pockets, offer stupidly large bonuses to entice players and then live the high life on your cash. Oh and despite Results International being up and running since early Jan, it was pointed out to me that they only bothered to change the name on their door early yesterday morning... the same day I said in here that I planned to go there. Of course that could be a coincidence.

There were some more things that I was told but because it's just peripheral stuff that won't help you get your cash back, I don't want to risk putting anyone in the poo. On the way home I started to second guess all the stuff people told me and wondered if I was being hustled myself so I did an ASIC search. I took a punt and paid for one result in particular hoping it was right and thankfully it was. The two names you see here are the two guys listed as directors of Canbet above and that's the name you'll see on the door of an office on the 29th floor of the ANZ Building. Same address of IGAS. It also lists their personal addresses although as a staff member I obviously can't condone using public information they provided of their own volition to assist you in your attempts to recover your cash. You'll be able to see from the dates when they started to diddle with this company out of the blue and also surpreeze surpreeze IGAS is listed as well. As I had to pay a whopping $9 for these docs and they expire after awhile, if someone could save them and post them as images in this thread that'd be great as I'm not sure how to do it on my phone. https://post.asic.gov.au/CustomerDro...Boe120DmW10%3D

As I said earlier I'm not sure if this info will even be of any use but this is what I could come up with.