Originally posted on 01/28/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
Fukkin scary watching most of my friends going through divorce.

Why the fukk did they get married in the first place?

My one buddy told me soon after he got married his sex life went in the fukkin toilet and got even worse after he had a baby. Would go weeks without it.

Weeks!

wtf is wrong with people?

Why do this to yourself?

What is the point?
The answer is relatively simple in theory, but when it comes to real life situations, things are far far from being easy.
Serious relationships are unpredictable.

In the beginning, everything seems so wonderful & intense, because they both fall in love with each other and in most cases, they don't even think about what it's going to happen.

Living together for years after a marriage and in many cases with kids, is a tough challenge. Certain % of couples stay together and certain % get divorced. It's just a matter of some circumstances: how do they face a rapid tempo in their lives, how do they adjust to each other, how do they talk to each other and how do they maintain sexual activities etc. All these factors are linked to each other and a divorce pretty much happens, when problems aren't solved on a base of these circumstances.

Why did they got married in the first place? Love, I guess... Obviously, you don't know, they'll divorce in the future.
Wtf is wrong with people? Nothing, if you understand, how strong of a feeling love is.
Why do this to yourself? Because it's better to get divorced than to suffer further if you're unable to solve problems.
What is the point? The answer above.