Originally posted on 01/23/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
I agree with everything you've said and I'll take her for a bit against Li if she makes it past Aggie. When she's playing like this I think she can beat almost anyone. I'm just always leery now about taking a dog at a worse price, especially a woman. I had lost quite a bit live betting them because I'd get excited at taking a + on a player who looked to be dominating only to have the favourite come back and win. An old school gambling buddy finally sorted me out and explained why my approach was wrong so now I only jump on big favourites live after their price has improved and of course my bankroll has thanked me for it. She's looking amazing out there though so fingers crossed she keeps it up and wipes her off the court in an easy two.
Hey Shari, I know you probably don't need too much advice on these things, but these three rules have helped me immensely, especially with live betting which has really sent me in to some tail spins over the years...

RULE #1 Never more than 1u w/o 48 hours contemplation

I do not take the 48 hours literally as sometimes that is impossible (like in a tennis tournament)...but its just a reminder to me not to make spur of the moment decisions like when I get home, sit on couch and say ...time to gamble ...... and 1u action on a tv game turns into 10u at 3:30 am on Aussie Rules Football....yeah real bad

RULE #2 Never live bet worse odds than closing line

Just like you were saying....how many times do things look so good at available number....I say if you could have got a better number at close, then pass....you missed the boat....like many things in life....

RULE #3 Never expose yourself more than +1u add on correlated lines

Meaning after your initial stake is placed on a game, never add to that stake by more than 1u (unless not violating Rule 1).
So being a sick-o...I have found ways throughout the years to twist things around in my head... I would convince myself I had BB management because I was betting certain relatively small percentages of by BB per play base on confidence....blah blah only to be sitting in the 3rd quarter of a nfl game with Gore o87 yards, Niners ML pregame x2, Niners +4.5 placed in 1Q, Niners 2h -2 and over 49 live placed 3Q and get raped. Yea, even though Gore / niners / over not same bet, ultimately they all where correlated at time they were placed. So new rule....