Originally posted on 01/10/2014:

This whole thread is giving me a headache given the lack of logic here but let me start somewhere...

1. 4-5 games is hardly much to go off of.
2. slacker called out brock on accuracy of the "trend" and I'm too lazy to bother looking myself, but if what he says is true it basically mitigates the trend argument because: (a) he found that only 2 games in the past are remotely comparable (thus there is no trend); and (b) he distinguished the upcoming 49ers/panthers game - 49ers are hardly a true favorite given game is virtual/actual pickem.
3. You CANNOT look at stats in a vacuum. Even if we agree there's a historic trend would you bet heavily if the Panthers team consisted of 9-year-old kids in wheelchairs? Probably not, because CONTEXT matters and who plays the game matters.
4. The reality is that either one of these teams is capable of winning, but I'll guarantee the winning backers will pop in Sunday night with the "I told you so idiot" threads. Unless there's an absolute breakdown/blowout I don't see justification - these are both 2 top teams with excellent defenses.
5. Big Bear - please get off Cam's junk. I know you are backing them this week and GL to you, but if you're genuinely interested in the forum for capping purposes then spewing OMG/Lolz/You're-going-down smacktalk doesn't accomplish anything. I don't give much credit to Brock's trend argument but at least he's trying to post something constructive.