Originally posted on 01/03/2014:

Gentlemen and ladies,

Decided to leave my position at the company I was at for almost 5 years because I realized how unhappy I was with where I was. I put myself in a position to get my degree from Sam Houston 3 years ago but kept putting it off and putting it off because of work and the money I was making. Then I woke up one day a month ago and realized I can't wake up 40 years old and hating my life. I'm someone who for the most part hates change so actually quitting my job without a solid backup took a lot. No worries for Hip though, I have always been extremely prude with saving money over the years and I have enough in cash to give myself a year long vacation if need be (won't happen though, I've gotten half a dozen offers since I left with pay in the neighborhood of where I was at, Houston is a thriving area for jobs) So for now I'm taking some time off before classes start on the 15th, 3 classes and 3 days a week in Huntsville and I'll be the first in my family to graduate from a 4-year university in May. Going to spend some time at the local animal shelter and refereeing some soccer to keep myself busy outside of class.

A year from now I'll have my degree in History, getting my Teacher's certification and working on Master's in route to Doctorate's. Dream is to teach at on a big sprawling college campus where I can walk to work everyday. I'm going to make my dream happen.