Originally posted on 12/19/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by Rsen View Post
Hey Sando,

First of all, I have got to tell you that I have been following you for a while and learning things from you along with some profit. You got great knowledge and great analysis for your picks.

I am pretty new to Sports bets and I wanted to ask you a question regarding unit management. Would you give me any recommendation as I am still trying to find ways to make some $$$. I want to ask you and see if you can share your knowledge on the daily unit management like if I do certain big bets then there should be number of small ones as well.

Please shade light on this, your help is great appreciated.
If you're new to the game then best to keep things simple. I would recommend breaking your plays down into small (1x) medium (2x) and large (3x) so you have a unit range of 1-3 units.

In an ideal scenario you would want a 5K bank roll that you could then break down into 100 x $50 units. Of corse if you are just starting out then you're roll may not be so large, so would recommend the following.

If you have a $200 roll, then I would break it down into 10x $20 units and make 1 or 2 unit plays only.

If you have a $500 roll, then I would break it down into 25x $20 units and still stick to 1 or 2 unit plays.

If you have a 2K roll then I would recommend 50x $40 units and then using the 1-3 unit scale depending on the strength of you're plays.

*Per the "textbook" you are supposed to break your bankroll down into 100 units regardless of whether it is $100 or 20K.

As you can see I advocate aggressive play with a small bank roll in an attempt to build it into something larger, where you would then slow down and look to maintain your roll and grow it slowly. Of course with aggressive play comes the higher risk of busting out, then you would have to rebuy and start again.

This is not necessarily the best way, it is simply my way, some would disagree. Personally when I have had small roll's I have been willing to risk busting out in an attempt to grow them quickly into something more sustainable. Of course you don't want to push your luck too far - as soon as you build a small bankroll into an amount where you can break it down into 50 units at an individual unit amount that doesn't feel too small, then I would do that.

If you already have 5K+ to work with then just break it down into 100 units and grade you're plays from 1-3 units depending on (how you determine) the strength of them. As long as you can hit at 52% then you will never go broke with 100x units to work with. If you can hit at over 52% (-110/$1.90 lines) then you will actually make money.

Good luck.