Originally posted on 12/12/2013:

Will split my money into 2 bets for the 1st 2 plays.

Melbourne Victory ML @ 1.63/-1 @ 2.08
v Perth Glory

Victory played well and created enough chances to win their last 2 games but yet they got only a point to show for. Against a poor away team like Glory and 1 without key players like Smeltz, Sidnei, Gallas and Risdon, surely they must be able to convert some of their chances into goals for a win.

Adelaide United double chance @ 1.61/DNB @ 2.28*** v CCM

Last week, they were more than a match against the best team in Roar but poor finishing let them down. I always believe in the due factor when capping games. Could be a goal or a win. Adelaide is really not a bad team so it's just a matter of time they get that win. Because of the value in the odds and the due factor, I'm willing to make this my play of the week.

Sydney FC -0.5 @ 1.95 v Melbourne Heart

Like the saying in Roma goes, no Totti, no party. Same for Sydney FC as well, no ADP, no party as well. Despite dominating possession in the loss against CCM last week, they looked totally clueless in the attacking half without ADP. He should be back this week, giving them the much needed creativity they lacked.

I don't think I need to say anything about Heart, right? Haven't won an away game since 21st Oct 12, losing 15 out of 18 games. Will take a very very brave man to back them.