Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=20463474'>posted</a> on 12/05/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by loungee View Post
What does Kobe have to lose coming back too early and getting injured again? Nothing. He's paid, he has rings, and will play max 2 more years. Rose? He's young and wants to play as long as Kobe has, he wants to play 10-15 more years, not come back early, damage it even more and end his career after 5 years (We're talking about Rose not rushing back last year.) Different players, different styles, different injuries, different stage in their career. Pretty stupid post actually.
this statement is wrong on many levels. It has nothing to do with coming back early or having nothing to lose for coming back early for Kobe. Rose was what 23 at the time of his injury. At that age you heal much quicker than say a 30 year old. Back in high school and college I used to play baskettball all the time and it felt like I used to hurt my ankle at least once a month and I would be back to playing the next week. Broke my arm in a freak accident in high school and I was healed in a month. I break my arm now I'm looking at 6 weeks minimum+ physical therapy. The point I'm trying to say is a 23 year old Rose can't be compared to a 34 year old Kobe. The younger you are the quicker you heal. If theirs someone who should be taking his time in such a situation its Kobe not Rose. Kobe goes down again with another major injury his career is all but done. Rose had another major injury and even though he might never be the same player he is still young and will be back.