Originally posted on 11/26/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by DALLASROB View Post
Wasn't this argument answered like a decade ago? I don't think the Beatles were that great, whos with me? ...no seriously.
That's the problem. Peyton is like a decade past his prime. HOF-yes, clutch in the playoffs-no.

I have a theory on why Peyton is the best-ever regular season QB and "HOF mediocre" in the playoffs, let me break it down. Peyton works harder and gets more out of his innate ability than any other QB, maybe in NFL history. That's great in the regular season when he's hitting the redline all year long and flaying teams like JAX, TEN, HOU, etc. But in the playoffs, he doesn't have an "extra grear" when he runs into a real playoff calibre defense playing like there's no tomorrow, Peyton has already been shifted into high gear all year and the best defenses know exactly what they are getting from him. Compare this to guys like Flacco and Eli who muck around in the regular season, trying to navigate their ever shifting lineup of WRs from year to year, then find another gear in the playoffs after 16 games of tinkering below the radar. I'd even like to suggest that Brady was more like Flacco and Eli early in his career before he got Peyton envy and wanted to toss 40-50 TDs every year. I love this year's Tom Brady in the playoffs because even though his stats don't show it, there's nothing but upside for him & his receivers when the games really matter.