Originally posted on 11/28/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
Check out MSNBC, you'll find a ton of well spoken, educated black talking heads who are not Repubs. Listen to them,
you will learn to come from the dark side, young Luke Skywalker. I say in my Yoda voice.
This Boxer guys comments remind me of a conversation I had with a friend here in Mexico shortly after I moved here. He and his family are part of the reason I choose this location. They owned a couple hotels and several beach rental houses. One night we got on the subject of gringos coming down here and being jerk to he and his Mexican family. any assume they're broke simply because they're Mexican. The entire subject was brought up when I overhead a Canadian couple really rudely tell him "hey, Jose.. take our bags to our room and we know what's in them so don't pull any BS!" He owns the hotel but went ahead and took the bags. I asked him a little later while we were sitting in the pool if he gets that a lot. "Yeah, it happens. I just don't offer folks like that any extended stay discounts that way they'll move on to another hotel." I told him I don't get the racist thing, try to judge people based on their actions not their race. he said "me too. I'm cool with anyone form anywhere. Except Italians they're all assholes." I thought it was joke... it wasn't.