Originally posted on 11/19/2013:

Excellent write-up Urban. As usual, the losers have been filtered out, and that is about 80% of the people who post in here on September. Others who continue to post do not have any money to wager, so they are wagering air. There are a lot of those still left because they have to see their thoughts in print.

I have been doing this longer than any of you. I started full time back in 1971. Things were a lot different back then, but one thing remains the same. You do NOT wager against the house, book, shop, or whatever you want to call it. You wager against other people who take the other side. All the book does is furnish you with the tools to do this. They charge a fee for this, called the "Vig". I have averaged about 58.4% in the past 40 years. Yes that has made me a lot of money, but it did not happen over night. This season I am 50-35 for a 58.8% win percentage so far. That includes my GOY wagers, which I use to create middles, amongst other things. View my spreadsheet if you want to. I always play the same amount of money on my wagers, and I never play parlays, teasers, or prop wagers. Those are strictly sucker plays. As you can see, I have played 85 games this season. That is college and pro, which is not a lot of games, compared to some. I am very selective in my choices and realize that if I want to try and hit for a huge win, I should buy lottery tickets. This is a "grind it out" type of game.