Originally posted on 11/17/2013:

I admire you efforts but I doubt your going to solve any mystery here. 98% of all touts don't win. that being said if they loose they just from a new group and sell off their mailing list to others or contact them with their new bogus operation. I managed a large Vegas operation for years after college and half the day was spent exchanging names of big players.
Its going to take you quite a while to get enough relevant data that would mean anything in terms of numbers here.. Any jackass can win over a 30-40 game sample. Sports Monitor has tons of frauds that are able to win over 15-20 games that go on to advertise their 75% winners. Starting basis for any signicance is around 7-8 hundred plays which any good caper will probably take a year or more to get.
Your also going to find that any caper that releases more than 2-3 plays on average daily over a years time isnt going to do well.
the main area you'll be able to help with is to expose the posers and that will eliminate a significant number but it wont be able to help as who someone might want to tail till a significant number of plays are recorded...Good Luck