Originally posted on 10/22/2013:

So im gonna start this off by saying I'm a Nets fan, and they don't play in Jersey anymore lol.

Your probably right about them winning right around or just below 50 games again.

Not cause they're gonna be pretenders, but because they're probably gonna treat the regular season like the celtics and spurs have for the last few seasons. Giving guys nights off on back-to-backs, and long road trips. They got enough talent where they're not gonna need dudes to play 35 minutes a night and through nagging injuries (already hearing williams might miss the first few games of the regular season). Plus gotta figure they start slow as they get used to playing with each other.

"Jason Kidd coaching is a gamble. I mean we gotta be honest, past alcohol and wife-beating issues.
I like the guy but there were probably 500 better candidates for this job than him."

Not worried about this. He's got Lawrence Frank there to guide him, plus this team is full of veterans.

"Joe Johnson, Darren Williams- never won a fkn thing in this league."

Feel like this combo isnt the greatest pairing, with Joe's ball stopping. But he's Iso Joe. Knew what they were getting when they acquired him. Curious to see how adding Pierce to the mix changes things.

"Lopez- yet to play a full healthy season I believe."

Besides breaking his foot 2 seasons ago and missing like a 10 game stretch last season, he's always been healthy. Hopefully some of Garnett's rebounding will rub off on him.

"He tried doing way too much last year and made himself a more selfish player. He needs to go back to his old form to be successful.
17 and 10 should be a realistic goal for him. He doesn't need to score 20 a game now. He needs to bring his assists up."

He should have no problem getting that if he's healthy. Just by replacing one of the worst jump shooters in the nba last season(Gerald Wallace) and a guy who makes you cringe everytime he touches the ball on offense(Reggie Evans) in the starting lineup with Pierce and Garnett should add 2 or 3 assists a night to his total every night. Plus he should be able to get better looks for himself since all the guys on d will actually have to stay with their men and won't be able to help as much.

Does anyone REALLY think this team is gonna be better than the Bulls,Heat,PAcers, Or Knicks?

Regular season, nah. Playoffs if they're healthy, their gonna be a tough out, unlike the squad last season.

Hope we get a Nets-Knicks playoff series this year. Its rare both teams are good at the same time.