Originally posted on 10/21/2013:

Some things that jump out to me early

- I like Texas +2. They had everything an elite Big XII team should have except for confidence, and they finally have that now. TCU about as unexciting as it gets.

- North Texas is my daddy. If it drops to -10, I'm all over it. So Miss is awful, but Tulane was too and they won outright. Gotta play the odds here though.

- Wyoming in a tailspin. This is not the same team that almost beat Nebraska. Couldn't even keep it close as a TD home fave against Colorado State, now only +5.5 on the Road against a solid SJSU team? SJSU BEAT Colorado State in Ft. Collins, and is coming off a bye. Big play here for me, unless one of my gurus say otherwise. This line is way off.

- And the "_________ isn't ________ points better than anybody" award for this week is -- Rice. Unimpressive team, and even through UTEP sucks, they do put up points, and teams like that can cover 17.5 against a below average team with ease. I'll go as far as to say it's an upset alert. Rice has no home field advantage ever. Most of their students are Asian and don't give a shit about football. El Paso to Houston is a boring but relatively painless bus ride, and I can say this from experience.

- Fresno State will either win by 3 TDs or get beat outright.

- Virginia is pretty bad. If they played Syracuse right now, the score would end up being a tie somehow. Pound GTech at anything under 10, and don't be afraid to play it after that. GT has a mountain of confidence and steam, UVA knows their season is a wash this year. This is one of those games where people will say that "Sharps are on Virginia". Well sharps don't watch a lot of college football. I'm a really happy square at -9.5.

- Somebody explain to me why Maryland is almost a 2 TD favorite on the road at Duke. Anybody.

- I would have capped the BSU/BYU game at a pick'em. Just sayin.

The week I get cocky like this is usually the week I get my balls blown out, so take this all for what it is.