Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=19857756'>posted</a> on 10/08/2013:

This is totally not cool.

Okay, so I've self excluded myself from many UK sites, there is a good website I use but it only takes euros.
I deposited €1,000 to that site and placed a bet on odds of 1.06 and won and my balance was €1,060.

I asked for a withdrawal, and from the bookmaker's end everything was great, fast withdrawal (same day), and here comes the trouble:

When I deposited €1,000 Moneybookers charged me £863.06
However, when I received €1,060 to my Moneybookers account I received only £876.02
The bookmaker by the way does not charge any fee for deposits or withdrawals.

So how come with odds of 1.06 I received barely £13 ... whilst it should have been £50 ... or you know what, take some fee on the exchange, make it £35 or so ... but seriously ... these exchange rate swallowed all my winnings.

And don't tell me the deposit and withdrawal made in different days, they were made on the SAME DAY (yesterday) and look at the GBP/EUR graph, there weren't many volatile movements in the pair of these 2 currencies.....

So why charge so much for exchange rate?
By the way, I have a VIP Silver account in Moneybookers, so I should "enjoy" better exchange rates, no?

Don't get me wrong, I like Moneybookers very much and their service is great, but charging so much on the exchange, doesn't it seem too much?

What do you think?