Originally posted on 09/02/2013:

I love Youzhny. I don't even know what your point is of throwing Dolgopolov and Simon into the conversation with him. Those two guys don't give a shit.

Youzhny gives a shit, hence the outbursts. If you stand back and think about the moment in the match when he went off, it was a big deal - he was in control and knew that he gave Haas life by allowing him to break and ultimately take that set and force to to a 4th. What's funny is people talk about two or three specific moments in his career when he broke the racquet at the French this year. Bloodied his head in 2008 ... and what? Guy has been playing for over a decade and shows some emotion. Djokovic has broken racquets. Roddick. Even Federer. He's certainly an emotional player, but I like it. To me, he's still about seven miles less crazy than Jerkoff Janowicz.

I was a bit surprised how lopsided their career meetings have gone as far as wins and losses. Most of them are completely irrelevant though as they are four years or older when both were different players. I think Hewitt is on the shakier ground here. Donskoy started to expose him in their match in rallies, but did not have the game plan to consistently do what was needed. It'll come down to who converts the best of the break opportunities out there because both have serves that can be picked on, Hewitt's I think a little more prone.

I'm hoping this match is more like the one I thought Haas-Youzhny was going to be, a nice 4-5 set grinder between two great old school pros.