Originally posted on 08/21/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
I guess you are right about us not giving them up...but its because people in the United states have been using guns for hunting and rec and protection for forever...to state it simply, if you ban guns in the US, only the criminals would have them. How do you propose we collect all of the guns assuming there was a law banning them? Do you think the criminals are going to drive to the police station and hand them over? Do you even think the gun manufacturers would even go along with it? they are sponsored by the gov with all of the wars going on, and not just in the US, that's happening around the world with foreign countries/gun co...also i hate to break it to you but some of the best guns are made in Europe so I don't think you guys have it figured out exactly...
well there you go, corrupt businessmen and politicians are preventing guns from being banned, that should tell you something about which side is the right side to be on

also which guns are manufactured in europe? any guns i know of are only used by police or armed forces, none on offer for sale to civilians

as for the worn out excuse that only criminals will have guns, give it a rest, the story is always guys brings out a gun and kills a bunch of people, its never hero gunowner stops masacre, and guns are dangerous even in hands of lawabiding citizens like what these kids did to this australian guy, like what zimmermann did to martin, zimmerman was the most law abiding citizen yet killed an innocent child, there was another case a few months ago were a 'law abiding citizen' came out of his house and shot a guy dead cause he has playing basketball in front of his house

lets face, the gun situation in the states is so depressing its almost comical, and the fact that americans are still defending gun laws makes me feel im living in the twilight zone

as for your other question, guns would slowly come out of circulation, many criminals toss their guns after a crime, many guns will break down, many will be confiscated by the police until very few guns are left in circulation