Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=19247150'>posted</a> on 07/26/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
A katana great post

I cannot believe you can virtually bet 24 hrs a day with all different time zones.

Books must make a killing
Yes all books make a killing from soccer just like they do with all other sports. As you know yourself this whole sport-betting phenomena is never an easy thing to get a hold of....one has to think really carefully to get away with getting good at this (pointing to myself) you have to think what is it you really want and use your brain properly. This game is dangerous! In gambling we have terms like fish and shark and sharp etc. for a reason because the winners in this game are sharp and shark while the looser's are the ones paying the sharks not the books. I myself started this game a few years a go and only now have come to realize how important it is to stick with fundamentals. Soccer/football is never an easy thing to make money from in the long term or the short term for that matter but there are ways nevertheless, and learning those ways don't come easy. I'm going to be honest even now i have so much learning to do these days i manage to make decent money from this game, before i used to go broke on parlays only to realize that parlays unless mixed with a bunch of singles will destroy you and make the books richer. It's all about strategy/analysis/bankroll management solidified knowledge that comes only with research/learning trial and error. Excuse my mumbling on about the subject, my point is this is probably one of the most difficult professions in the world and it is like that for a reason and it's because it's all based on predicting things that have not yet occurred. But like i said with enough discipline and knowledge anyone can pull it off because options are infinite in soccer throughout the year. Bol to everyone on this new football season i hope everyone manage to make money!