Originally posted on 07/23/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
South Carolina has 5 returning players on defense. Their D-line has a great player, and little else on it. The LB's are going to have to show improvment. They have a two QB system which never works. This caca about both players being team players is simply not true. Neither QB likes this system. Spurrier will find a way to lose games. With only 36 letterman returning, South Carolina has a lot of unproven players that they are going to have to depend on. They would finish 4th in the West.
I respectfully disagree with you. Chaz Sutton is the DE opposite of Clowney. If you do not know about this kid, you will this year. 6'5'' 263 lbs. Had 5 sacks last season and 2 forced fumbles playing behind Devin Taylor and Clowney. He is a very good player and will benefit immensely with 2 or 3 guys on Clowney basically every play. The LB's are very inexperienced and that is definitely going to be the major weakness on the defense, but with two very talented DE's, it will give them a lot of space to work with especially on passing downs.

And how can you say they are not team players? Both are high character guys and put the team first. Of course they both want to start and play every snap, but who wouldn't? You seem to fail to realize that they return proven players at very important positions. They will be fine at QB, RB, DE, CB. They have one truly proven WR in Bruce Ellington and several highly recruited players who will finally get a chance to play a significant amount of snaps due to the early departure of Ace Sanders.

They do have a lot of unproven players, but these players are talented and were highly recruited. South Carolina has finally turned the corner where they are starting to reload rather than just fill in the gaps with mediocre talent. Of course not on the same level as Bama and LSU do, but they are getting there. I believe they could compete for 2 in the West behind Bama no doubt about it.

Just my thoughts...