Originally posted on 07/11/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
here's an excellent article that puts a slightly different wrinkle on the Silva loss

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...wore-the-crown
I think u can throw in Matt Hughes in that article. The night Penn beat him i felt like he just rolled into that choke. It was almost like a huge relief when he lost that belt. U could just see it in his demeanor. These guys must be under a ton of pressure when they look unstoppable. I love the guys around here who are gloating about the Weidman win like they are so much more knowledgeable than the next guy. The facts are for the real fight fans is we basically got cheated of a great fight because of Anderson screwing around. In his second fight with Sonnen there was none of that because he took it serious. Id have to believe we will see a different Silva in fight two and get the great fight most wanted to see. To me this is so comparable to Mayweather pulling this nonsense and getting knocked out than guys running around like they are geniuses because they predicted it. It is actually kind of embarrassing to be acting like a so called genius after a fight like that. Weidman won fair and squared but be honest with yourself. Was that the way u thought it would end and is that the way u wanted what could have been a great fight, to end?