Originally posted on 06/27/2013:

Hey guys, I live in Tampa and have been a season ticket holder for the Bucs since 1996, and I have some incite on this subject.

You have to take a look at a few things with Blount....

1) He is an ass. All throughout college and his time in the NFL before he came to the Bucs, he was nothing but a problem. He played this "Oh I messed up at Oregon and I am changing as a person" out of the draft to get cut from the Titans for cold-cocking a teammate in practice. He gave the same song and dance to the Bucs and we signed him... Having said all that, I didn't want him because I think attitude is just as big as skill in the NFL. They brought Talib in as well and I knew he wouldn't last (multiple suspensions at Kansas, punched a cabbie in Tampa, poppin' of gats with his madre). Having said all this, I will go to my next point....

2) The guy is a physical beast... Folks around here in T-Town remember the good ol' days with my man Alstott (have met him multiple times, he is a real nice/cool dude)... Alstott was THE MAN. Blount is bigger than Alstott. By a good margin... LB performed better in the combine too... So as I was wary of his attitude when he signed with us, I couldn't leave out the fact that he was a beast (was 1st/2nd round talent as a junior, then decided to punch a dude in the face after getting beaten)...

So douche attitude, great physcial abilities leads to my last point....

3) Current NFL RB styles that actually last in the league... Blount does not posess this quality... People may remember 2 seasons ago when he busted out, had a lot of highlights jumping over people, breaking a few tackles, etc etc.... Well those were nice, as a Bucs fan seeing some of them were great. That style wears on you, as it showed last season... he is already pretty tall, and he does not run low at all... In football, low man usually wins... and if he didn't win, he at least left the other guy banged up. Blount has a style reminiscent of Brandon Jacobs (don't get me wrong, Jacobs is A LOT better of a RB, I am only talking style-wise)

As for the signing of him by the Pats, I wouldn't look too much into it... Pats love taking troubled players in an attempt to right their psyche and allow their skill to flourish (i.e. Talib, Ochocinco, Blount). Belichik loves doing it, get a good athlete for a cheap price because they suck as a person. And Belichik and Schiano are good friends actually, so it didn't surprise me we sent LB to the Pats, especially after Talib.

I know that was a little long-winded but yea, not a good RB... Like the other guy said Ridley & Vereen are more well-rounded... Pats always squeeze personnel into some package at some point tho, wouldn't be surprised if LB got a couple TDs this year, possibly a Jumbo with Mr Tebow