Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=18839314'>posted</a> on 06/03/2013:

Now that he has retired we can finally look back at a great career and start digesting it. As A Nets fan he was my favorite player in the NBA for many years. Made the Nets relevant again after many years. He clearly should have been the league MVP his first season with the Nets and with all due respect to Duncan kid served it that year. The 2 straight finals were the years I enjoyed the NBA the most and I used to look forward to watching every game no matter who they were playing against. I can't explain how happy I was when I found out he had signed a new contract in 03 instead of leaving for the Spurs or another contender. If they had gotten him a better help than Carter who clearly was the wrong choice he perhaps would have won a title in Jersey. But in the end I'm just glad he was able to win 1 in Dallas.

To get back to topic guy was clearly the best PG of the last 20 years not counting Stockton. Some of you might make a case for Nash and Nash was is a better shooter but Nash isn't half the defender Kidd was. Even in his last seasons he was still drawing charges. At his prime he was one of the best defenders in the league.Kidd was also a triple double machine and 1 of the better rebounding point guards. I remember on multiple occasions where he missed triple doubles because of points.Another stat people forget is that Kidd ranks 3rd all time in 3s made. You don't rank 3rd overall by being a poor shooter.

No doubt in my mind he is top 5 all time after Magic,Stockton, Isaiah Thomas, and Oscar Robertson. So where do you rank him?