Originally posted on 05/12/2013:

5/12

New York Rangers (-140) 1.4u
Anaheim Ducks (-140) 2.8u

YTD
116-99-2 +27.42u

Playoff Record
13-15 -1.60u

Alright, boys we have our first Game 7 of the 2013 NHL Playoffs. This series has been fairly even in most statistical categories (Shots, Power Plays, Penalty Minutes). Both teams were able to steal a game on the road in this series. All three of Detroit's wins have been in OT. No matter the lead, Anaheim never seems to be out of the game. Detroit has been able to keep every game close going into the 3rd period with the exception of Game 3 in Detroit where they were beat 4-0. As most Game 7's go, this game will be close and hard fought. I like to look at the gritty statistics to see which team has the edge.

In a game that is almost certain to be a 1 goal game heading into the 3rd period, I look at the little things that a team can do to earn a win. I look at hits, giveaways, and blocked shots. Throughout the 6 games in this series the Ducks have led all three of these statistical categories. Hits: Ducks 181, Red Wings 134. Giveaways: Ducks 44, Red Wings 62. Blocked Shots: Ducks 99, Red Wings 81. I will back a team that wins the physical battles, protects the puck, and blocks the shooting lanes in a Game 7.