Originally posted on 05/05/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by dcrews View Post
This bet jumped out at me as well when I saw it. However looking at the box scores for all the games against the Clips, someone on the Grizzlies has scored at least 24 in all games.

With Durant flying solo, it's logical to assume he will take more shots and get more points, however Memphis could also just throw everything at him since he is in fact the only legit scoring threat.

I could see this going one way or the other, but gun to my head, I'd say Durant scores 10 more than the next Memphis player.
The same things was said during the Houston series. Guys were saying Durant would be shut down due to double teams and zones designed for him. I reminded them of this fact. Durant has been double teamed and played against defenses designed to slow him down his whole career. This is nothing new to him. And what did he proceed to do against all these double teams and triple teams that Houston threw at him? 38, 36, 41 and 27

Durant may not go over 30 today but it won't be because Memphis slows him down. It will be because he's trying to orchestrate the offense and get other guys involved. Guess what happened when Durant went for 36 and 38 against Houston? OKC lost. Guess what happened when he went for 27? They won. Because other guys got involved like Martin, Fisher and Ibaka.