Originally posted on 04/28/2013:

Completely non competitive the whole series. Tell me again why they wanted to make the play offs? What was the revenue for the two games they had? If this is what this team is going to be without Kobe LOL.

But Howard will be gone, which is probably a good thing if youre an actual LAKER fan.

But this is just a glimpse of things to come when you see a team that is so intertwined with a single player like the Lakers are with Kobe.

I said it before, Lakers post Kobe will be like 76ers post Iverson.

Best thing Lakers could d is try and find an ot in Kobe's deal and just get rid of him and start the rebuilding sooner rather than later.

I thought this team might pull together to try ad prove they are more than just the Kobe Bryants but they showed exactly what they are, a lottery team that backed into the playoffs because Jazz collapsed late.

I dont give a shit that they won their last few games, those games were against teams that had quit and were just going through the motions.

I had to come of self imposed exile to comment on these stiffs. Seriously when they fdont win it all they flame out in their close out game in spectacular fashion.

Go look at every elimination game they have had that they lost, at least 20 point blow outs, today was just another in that stellar resume'. They got beat by 20 but Spurs could have won by 50 had the wanted to.

But like I said without Kobe Stern didnt even pretend to try and give Lakers a shot. Lakers were taking 30 and 40 free throws, this series they took 12 today 13 the other night, 25 and 24, for a grand total of 73, that is less than half their season average and about a third of what they took per game as they were carried into the play offs by the refs.

So congrats, Lakers made the play offs, but like I said back in October, IF they make the play offs (and they did) they would be a first round sweep for whomever they played, and they were.

They lost the last 4 games by a combined 65 points.

But the tragedy is that even with this embarrassing showing Lakers, Kobe, and Howard will be the number one story going forward.