Originally posted on 04/27/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
Agree w/ that. It was disheartening how *some* Knicks fans never really appreciated Patrick. Idiots would rip on him fairly regularly on WFAN. Guy BROUGHT IT every.single.night. Unlike a lot of stars. Knicks mgt let him down by never getting him a bona fide 2nd guy. Just a bunch of "pretty good" players. And o'course there was always Jordan in the way.

Shoulda had that '94 one tho... pains me to say it cuz I loved the guy, but Riley kinda f'd that one up. Left Starks in to have that infamous Game 6 performance and Riles had Blackmon sitting there on the bench. Losing to THAT Rockets team was ridiculous (one of worst backcourts to ever win championship they were all Olajuwon, obv).

True dat

Game 1 was "pure domination"? ... ya musta been watchin a different game then me.

Tho I'll concede your overall view/take on this series was correct (regardless if Boston somehow gets Game 4).

I thought this would be a dogfight that the Knicks would win but in 6 or 7.

Last night's performance really showed me something w/ their MENTALITY. Good stuff.

Let's hope the Knicks can catch lightening in a bottle and make a serious run at this

Fingers crossed

God Almighty how I hate the fukkin Heat......

You're right about the Rockets that year. I think I wanted to see that for Ewing more than the Knicks as a team. We dogged it hard. I always said Ewing was underrated because of all the great centers at that time. NBA was so much better back then by the way also. All those centers were the focus of the offense. When the dominating centers were gone, the NBA changed drastically. All 3 pt shooting and focused on PG's being scorers. Back then you just needed them to distribute.

And Yes I watched game 1 and the Knicks started out shaky but the 2nd half was pure domination after the first half nerves were weeded out. Celtics had like 27 pts I think.
Celtics are not a team that has quit, they are an old team with nothing. And without Rondo they just have no shot. The Boston era is over. They shoulda realized that at the deadline when teams were willing to take Pierce. Good luck for someone wanting him in the offseason now.
Knicks are definitely not pretenders, they have showed it already in the first round. They have been unbeatable for the last 6 weeks.