Originally posted on 04/11/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by Coreos View Post
Agree that if you're doing live betting to chase, it may not be the best thing, but it is phenomenal if it is done correctly. If you're able to watch the flow of the game and pick your spots correctly, live betting is where it's at. For example, during last night's Spurs/Denver game, the Spurs were down 20+ pts or something and I was able to snag them at +15. I do not foresee a quality team like the Spurs losing by 15 unless it is a major fluke. Another case, during tonight's Knicks/Bulls game, Bulls were down by 17, snagged them at +12.5. They're down by 5 at the half - don't know if they will cover but that's good value to me.

The over under may be tricky live betting but you can generally get a sense of how well they're playing and, instead of making an initial bet, go with what you're able to see happening vs just what's on paper prior to the game.

Good points...trick is u gotta decide up front...exactly what result/price u'r lookin' for and USE the ebb and flow of the game to provide nice "entry" to a value position ur stalking...and pledge on your Aunt Martha's grave not to double-back if things don't go according to plan...

'nother example of how to use the facility is if u missed a play u wanted earlier cuz the play got too expensive...u can sometym "sneak into" the position at the price u wanted (or even much cheaper)...again...this is using the "live" facility as an opportunity to get into positions you have already objectively determined to have value...that's the only time i ever use it...as a "second chance" to get into a play that passed me by...but once i've got it...i turn off the damn facility and treat the bet exactly as if i had got it pre-game

with this sort of objective limited-deployment mindset u CAN--if u have tremendous discipline--use it without succumbing to the "slippery slope" that it's convenience and immediacy can easily magnify